Prof. Dr. Andreas Voss
Address: University of Heidelberg, Institute of Psychology, Chair of Research Methods, Hauptstraße 47-51, D-69117 Heidelberg
Research areas: Cognitive Modeling, Experimental Methods, Decision Making
Ph.D. students are very welcome to devise their own thesis topic. However, some possible thesis topics are listed here:
(1) Cognitive processes underlying affective counter-regulation (Advisors: Voss, Kiesel).
(2) Extending diffusion model analyses to more complex decision making (Advisors: Voss, Klauer).
(3) The structure of cognitive speed (Advisors: Voss, Meiser).
(4) Modeling information uptake in an advice seeking paradigm (Advisors: Hütter, Voss).
(5) Parameter estimation and model testing of time-varying diffusion processes in cognitive conflict tasks (Advisors: Ulrich, Voss).
(6) Analysis of dynamic attentional processes in decision making and memory with generalized hierarchical models (Advisors: Meiser, Hilbig, Voss).
(7) Item versus source forgetting rates (Advisors: Kuhlmann, Bröder, Klauer, Voss).