Prof. Dr. Thorsten Meiser
Address: University of Mannheim, Chair of Research Methods and Psychological Assessment, Schloss Ehrenhof-Ost, D-68131 Mannheim
Web page: http://methods.uni-mannheim.de
Research areas: Psychometrics, Experimental Methods, Statistical Modeling, Memory
Ph.D. students are very welcome to devise their own thesis topic. However, some possible thesis topics are listed here:
(1) Analysis of dynamic attentional processes in decision making and memory with generalized hierarchical models (Advisors: Meiser, Hilbig, Voss).
(2) IRT models for unravelling trait assessment from response styles and method effects (Advisors: Meiser, Lischetzke, Hilbig).
(3) The structure of cognitive speed (Advisors: Voss, Meiser).
(4) Memory-task response biases as cognitive traits and states (Advisors: Kuhlmann, Hütter, Meiser).
(5) Exhaustion and perceptions of job stressors: A latent state-trait approach (Advisors: Sonnentag, Lischetzke, Meiser).