you for your interest in applying to our Research Training Group's Ph.D. program!
Your application should include the completed Application Form and one pdf-file containing all of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Certificate of your Bachelors degree.
- Grade transcripts of your Bachelors degree.
- Certificate of your Masters degree (If you have not finished your Masters degree yet, you may alternatively provide a certificate from your university confirming that you will complete your Masters degree by the end of September 2018).
- Grade transcripts of your Masters degree (If you have not finished your Masters degree yet, you should alternatively
provide your most recent transcript).
- If you hold further diploma, please also provide a certificate of your degree and the respective grade transcript.
- If you mention extra-curricular courses you attended, interships you did, or work experience you have, please provide a confirmation of participation (for extra-curricular courses) or a reference issued by your employer.
- Letter of motivation explaining
your current goals, career plans and reasons for your interest in a structured
Ph.D. program at the Research Training Group SMiP. Elaborate on your study plans and
your research interests. It is very important to show that your research
interests meet closely with the current research of the respective
faculty member(s) you would be interested in working with.The motivation letter
should be in English and not exceed two pages (not more than 700 words).
- Proof of your language proficiency in oral and written English, if
your native language is not English (Option (1) Scan of TOEFL
certificate, Option (2) Scan of Certificate confirming a stay abroad in
an English-speaking country of at least 3 months, or Option (3) Scan of
Certificate confirming participation in an Academic Study Program taught
- Two letters of recommendation from
faculty or scholars who are able to assess your ability and potential for
academic research and teaching.
sample of up to 10 pages in English or German language (not more than 3500 words, bibliography excluded),
e.g. a paper you have written during your studies, a representative excerpt
from your thesis, or an essay on a topic related to your research interests.